Finance Accountant/Controller (fulfilled)
Wilmar Europe Holdings B.V. is a subsidiary of the Wilmar International Ltd organization based in Singapore. Wilmar purchases, manufactures and sells various OleoChemical products in Europe with a production site in the Netherlands and further processing activities in France, Germany, Italy and Spain. In addition there are sales offices in Spain and Italy. Because of a development opportunity within our organization we are currently recruiting at our European headquarter based in the centre of Rotterdam, next to the CS, a replacement for our Finance Accountant/Controller.
Where will you work as a Finance Accountant/Controller?
You will work in a team of finance professionals; the team is responsible for timely and accurately closing the month and report the Balance Sheet and results on profitability and cash flow. Activities are aimed on correct cash flows and insights in the profitability. The finance department is led by the Finance Manager whereby the daily activities will be managed by the Senior Finance Accountant. The team consists of a direct colleague, an Assistant Finance Manager, 3 members of the Accounts Receivable/Payable team; a Business Finance Analyst and a Tax Compliance Manager. Within the international environment of Wilmar you will be in touch with the various departments at the regional headquarters and various departments in Singapore and the Shared Service Centres in Asia.
What will you do as a Finance Accountant/Controller?
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and cooperate together with the people of operations of the manufacturing site in the Netherlands to determine the monthly production volumes and cost
- Set up the master data of materials
- Account all movements of materials within the supply chain i.e. from manufacturing site and other European locations until final shipment to customers
- Report monthly production volumes and cost and provide support to other reporting processes
- Reconcile European inventories (14 stock locations) and explain and correctly report on variances
- Keep track of (changes to) the overview of payment authorization process and approval levels of purchase orders
- Support preparation and monitoring of intercompany transactions and payments
- Controlling of purchases orders by reporting correct accruals and invoices (IFRS)
- Reconcile and check Balance Sheet items and where necessary follow up on justification
- Provide supporting documents to the external auditor
- Initiate and support financial process improvement initiatives within the Finance team
- Willingness to take on other tasks and projects.
What do we need in a Finance Accountant/Controller?
- Completed Bachelor+ studies Accountancy/Control
- 3 to 5 year work experience within a finance department of an international organization with preferably manufacturing assets
- Strong professional communication skills in Dutch and English
- Strong drive and willingness to go for the extra mile
- Ready to develop further within the finance organization
- Adaptable to work with deadlines and peaks in workload
What benefits can we offer you as Finance Accountant/Controller?
A dynamic position within an inspiring team which is part of an international organization that offers opportunities to develop and take initiative. We take for granted that we all take the responsibility and aim to continuously develop.